Wednesday 8 January 2014

Xmas herringbone topper- QAL finish 3

I'm really pleased with the way this project turned out, it was almost exactly as I'd planned it.

It wasn't without the occasional mistake but nothing too teeth-grindingly annoying. And with my recent progress with FMQ I was a bit more confident when I started to FM this top. So much so that I did two, count them, one, two, different patterns on this top.

In the borders I did a rounded teardrop shape that I echoed.

Whilst in the herringbone blocks I did some Xmas trees, which you can see better from the back. I know they're not really visible on the front but I know they're there.

And it looked really nice on my sideboard over the festive season.

All these finishes would probably not have happened without the Finish-Along.

So many thanks to Leanne for hosting this year and good luck to Katy At The Littlest Thistle who will be motivating me this year.

And good luck to all stitchers with a WIP pile, we need all the help we can get :-)

Here's to a few more finishes in 2014.


Tracy

 

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful runner, and I loved your other two finishes too, so bright and colourful.

    ReplyDelete