Monday 7 October 2013

Cushion and basket, finished and gifted.

This little basket was from a pattern by Noodlehead. Clearly written and easy to follow (although that didn't stop me making a couple of errors) I can heartily recommend it.

The cushion, however, lurched from one disaster to another. But it turned out fine in the end.

Despite wanting to get it finished in a hurry I opted to try an new-to-me technique for inserting the zipper. Again clear instructions made this part go smoothly. Overall I'm happy with the result.

I'm pleased to say Mr. M's parents seemed to like it too, although Mr. M couldn't have been less impressed.

This is my first finish for the 3rd quarter of the FAL.


The others on my finish-along list may roll over to the next quarter, or I might substitute a couple of Xmas themed WIPs instead.

I hope everyone else has made a bit of sewing progress too,

Tracy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment